Building our Next Generation of Leaders
Proudly Offering the Young Entrepreneurs Academy in Our Community
YEA!The Young Entrepreneurs Academy is for students in 6-12 grade who have demonstrated creativity, innovative ideas, academic effort, determination, enthusiasm, the ability to communicate, and a commitment to their community and family. Students who apply to the Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!) should be responsible individuals who pursue goals with tenacity. Prior experience in business is not required.
The Academy has had profound positive effects on students, businesses, and communities all across the country. Since the program’s inception, over 1,000 businesses have been launched. Today, the program impacts hundreds of communities across the country, bringing educational and business communities together to foster the spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation among today’s youth.
YEA! strengthens the community and the community strengthens YEA!. Students are able to network with and develop relationships with local business leaders, create jobs, and launch businesses in their own backyard. Students see that they can make a difference within the communities in which they live. The enthusiasm and success of the students are empowering for the entire community!
Make a Job - Don't Just Take a Job!
YEA! guides students through the process of fulfilling their very own American dream. By bridging the business and educational communities students are taught by trained instructors, and are exposed to guest lecturers, successful entrepreneurs and mentors. Over the course of the program, students:
- Brainstorm business ideas
- Write a business plan
- Interact with business professionals
- Attend field trips for an behind-the-scenes look at local businesses
- Pitch their business plan to local investors for startup funding and the opportunity to advance to regional and national competitions
- Legally register their businesses
- Participate in a local YEA! Trade Show
- Launch and run their own business or social movement
- Graduate from the program with lifelong leadership and business skills
Student Selection Process
YEA! welcomes applications from all students in grades 6-12 who are between 11 and 18 years old. Students interested in starting their own, real businesses may apply for acceptance into the program by completing the application, which includes an essay and short-answer questions, school transcripts and letter of recommendation.
Start as a student, finish as a CEO!
- Develop hands-on entrepreneurial experience to launch your own business or social movement
- Connect with local entrepreneurs
- Pitch to a panel of investors for startup funding
- Gain confidence in your ideas, abilities & presentation skills
Adults - Get Involved!
Click the photo for detailsInvestor Panelists
The CEO Roundtable
The Media Meet & Greet
Niche Marketing Speaker
Designation & Awards Speaker
Taxes & Business Speaker
Social Entrepreneur Speaker
Banking Partner & Speaker
Government Resource Speaker
Cool Business Field Trip
Professional Style Field Trip
Advertising/Marketing Field Trip
Franchising Field Trip
Business of Sports Field Trip
County Clerk's Office Field Trip